This book contains eight selections of Primary children's songs arranged for organ prelude. This music is particularly effective for inviting a spirit of reverence with children and families. The flexibility of these simply beautiful arrangements lends ease in completing a prelude in the middle of the number, or continuing through the key transitions to the next section. These endings are notated by the phrase optional ending.
Individual organ registrations are uniquely different. For this purpose we have not specified registrations other than designating the Swell keyboard for the accompaniment, and the Great as the solo keyboard. Registration and dynamic contrasts can be achieved by changing keyboards, soloing melody lines, and playing on the same keyboard. Notations have been made to indicate these changes.
Whether played as a prelude to invite the spirit, or as a postlude to reaffirm and extend the spirit of the meeting, these organ preludes are simply beautiful and easy to do.
This collection of organ prelude arrangements by Larry R. Beebe is based on the following children's songs, as found in the Children's Songbook of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints:
1. Reverently, Quietly, with music by Clara W. McMaster, used by permission.
2. Father, I will Reverent Be, with music by Mildred Tanner Pettit, used by permission.
3. I Am a Child of God, with music by Mildred Tanner Pettit, used by permission.
4. (An Organ Medley)
(A) Seek the Lord Early, with music by Joanne Bushman Doxey, used by permission.
(B) Search, Ponder and Pray, with music by Carol Baker Black, used by permission.
(C) I Know My Father Lives, with music by Reid N. Nibley, used by permission.
5. Tell Me the Stories of Jesus, with music by F. A. Challinor.
6. When He Comes Again, with music by Mirla Greenwood Thayne.
7. Love One Another, with music by Luacine Clark Fox.
8. Shine On, with music by Joseph Ballantyne.
Please Note! All of the musical works and arrangements on this website are copyrighted.
When music is purchased for Download, only the number of copies purchased may be printed and photocopied. Purchased copies may not be scanned or reproduced electronically.
Printed/shipped music may not be photocopied, scanned, or reproduced in any manner.