Choosing the Right is a collection of seven hymns and children's gospel songs focused on helping us choose the right path to follow. These arrangements are intended to provide special opportunities for Primary children and families to have significant spiritual experiences through music. We believe active participation in congregational hymn singing is an essential part of personal worship, and time spent in the home learning and singing the hymns will reap eternal blessings for the family.
The arrangements are designed for groups to sing using the 1995 edition of the Children's Songbook of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the 1985 edition of Hymns, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The director and the accompanist use the Choosing the Right arrangement books. The printed arrangement book is available to be shipped to you, or it may be downloaded to your own printer. The individual numbers are available separately by download only. Choir parts are included for Teach Me to Walk in the Light, and violin parts are included for Joseph Smith's First Prayer. Permission is given to photocopy these parts only pages, 14, 15, 16, 26 & 27, for incidental, noncommercial church or home use. Please click the "Order/Copyright Info" tab for more information.
This collection of arrangements by Larry R. Beebe is based on the following hymns and children's songs:
1. Choose the Right*, with text by Joseph L. Townsend, music by Henry A. Tuckett. (Piano acc.)
2. Teach Me to Walk in the Light*, (Choir and Children), with text and music by Clara W. McMaster, used by permission. (Organ acc.)
3. Dare to Do Right*, with text and music by anonymous author and composer. (Piano acc.)
4. Joseph Smith's First Prayer*, with text by George Manwaring, music by Sylvanus Billings Pond -adapted by A.C. Smyth. (Piano & Violin acc.)
5. I Need My Heavenly Father, with text and music by Judith Wirthlin Parker. (Piano acc.)
6. Hum Your Favorite Hymn (medley) (Piano acc.)
(A) Hum Your Favorite Hymn, with text by Marilyn Price Adams and music by K. Newell Dayley, used by permission;
(B) I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus, with text and music by Janice Kapp Perry, used by permission;
(C) Keep the Commandments, with text and music by Barbara A. McConochie, used by permission;
(D) I Know My Father Lives, with text and music by Reid N. Nibley, used by permission.
7. When You Have to Choose, Remember Jesus, original work with text and music by Valerie Guymon, used by permission.
*includes Spanish text
"When You have to Choose, Remember Jesus," written by Valerie Guymon, with arrangement and orchestration by Larry R. Beebe and Christy Cato, soloist.
Please Note! All of the musical works and arrangements on this website are copyrighted.
When music is purchased for Download, only the number of copies purchased may be printed and photocopied. Purchased copies may not be scanned or reproduced electronically.
Printed/shipped music may not be photocopied, scanned, or reproduced in any manner.
Exception: This book contains full score accompaniments with parts only pages. The Parts Only Pages may be copied for incidental, noncommercial church or home use. This permission does not include any of the other music.